Sunday, May 21, 2006

Piper's majestic blurb

Read the back cover of "Don't waste your life" by John Piper:

"I want to tell you what a tragedy is. I will show you how to waste your life. Consider this story from the February 1998 Reader's Digest: A couple 'took early retirement from their jobs in the Northeast five years ago when he was 59 and she was 51. Now they live in Punta Gorda, Florida, where they cruise on their 30-foot trawler, play soft ball and collect shells....' Picture them before Christ at the great day of judgement: 'Look, Lord. See my shells.' That is a tragedy.... "

He is right isn't he?

1 comment:

jsincj said...

Mr. Kerry,
I am enjoying your thoughts on these matters. This one made me think a lot about relaxing and the summer. Thanks for the profound words. It'ts great hearing from you. Just so you know I got your info from another Concordia friend. I was excited because I can say HI!!!!!